Tuesday 24 April 2012

Artist Round up




Whilst i've been designing the cast for the film, I thought i'd write whats influenced the designs.
Rather than looking at someone and taking it straight from there,i'm thinking more of things that have
been engraved in my brain as a result of liking these lovely people.
The three above are from Todd Marrone, Who's a fantastic artist working with Insane distortions, 
rough edges and just completely surreal characters which i really enjoy drawing myself.
I feel like i've borrowed alot from the man.

In terms of Movement, i've always attempted a bizzarre straight ahead flow like Sally Cruikshank, who doesn't believe in drawing on model and allows characters to do insane movements which completely defy logical movement. I love that these people don't have spines.

I also love that a face can do this. i think it sums things up nicely.




No comments:

Post a Comment